Chinese? We are NOT scared! 华文并不难
- 附送书本和游戏配套 -
Nurture early Mandarin readers
Up to the age of 6, young children can pick up languages easily. Do not miss this window of opportunity to build a strong bilingual foundation for your child. Help your child discover the joys of reading in Chinese!
Conducted in Mandarin, Chinese? We Are Not Scared! will share with you helpful tips and tricks to get your child hooked onto reading Chinese books! You will learn how to nurture and engage young readers in their Mother Tongue language through techniques such as the 3Fs (Fact, Feeling and Future) framework. This will foster understanding, spark your child’s imagination and cultivate greater social-emotional learning.
In this 2-day workshop, unlock the secrets to jumpstart your child’s interest in reading Chinese through engaging methods such as interactive storybooks, finger puppets, and games. During the lively, facilitated parent-child session on Day 2, get ready to have an enjoyable time with your little one (aged 4-6) by practising and applying what you have learnt on Day 1.
Day 1 (Parent-only session)
Duration: 2 hours
- How you can adapt your reading style according to the three phases of child development
- Questioning techniques to engage your child during reading
- Bringing stories to life through poems and pictures
- Using finger puppets for fun storytelling adventures
- Using interactive books to cultivate a love for reading
Day 2 (Parent-and-child activity session – bring along your child for fun and games together)
Duration: 2 hours
- Engage your child with guided reading using recommended children books and fun learning games
- Includes take-home resources (1 game set + 1 Chinese storybook)
Promo Price/促销价: $68 | (Usual Price/原价: $100)
NTUC Union Member (above 55 years old): $30** (PROMO CODE: NTUCACTIVE)
Merdeka/Pioneer Generation: $50** (PROMO CODE: NTUCMGPG)
Prices stated are inclusive of 7% GST.
**Please upload your NTUC Union Member, Merdeka Generation or Pioneer Generation card during registration.
Time: 2 - 4pm
Venue: SEED Institute @ Mountbatten Square
Who Should Join?
Parents with children 4 – 6 years old!